V-day & not-so-fogotten love(hate) in WoW

Posted by Weezzii in , ,

First of all, let's just lay it out on the table:
You LOVE trade chat. It is the sole reason you play this game. You do not log in so you can enjoy this virtual reality... you have a mission, and it involves spamming the trade channel until your fingers bleed. You LOVE it, and so do I.
We love it just like we'd love a nail gun driving a nail into our armpit. So enjoyable, it's beyond words.
Being that it's Valentine's Day, let's take a closer look at the object of our affection!

LAST ONE TO LINK [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] gets 10,000 gold! lolol
- Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
- lmao [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]!
[Enchanting] LFW
[Enchanting] LFW
[Enchanting] LFW
[Enchanting] LFW
ROFL ANAL [Revenge]
- omglmao ANAL [Moonfire]
- ANAL [Love Rocket] lololol
DO U GUZY NO Y THEY CALL IT AN XBOX 360??
... and the beat goes on.

I've really only played on 3 different servers, and on everyone of them, the same exact thing is going on. It's disgustingly fascinating, really.
So while I'd like nothing more than to explore the amazingness of each of the above examples, I'd like to focus on a different one, not mentioned above.. that has really come into its own since the release of Wotlk.

[2. Trade][Lazerfase]: LFM Naxx 10 // Full Clear // Good Players; Need MT + OT + Healer + 2 DPS

With the exception of the name, that's a quote.
This is an amazing contribution to the Trade channel.
I'm not disillusioned... people don't use the Trade channel for trade-related talk, and to be honest I don't care. But this sort of a statement, to some extent more than the others, annoys the heck out of me on a number of levels.

"Good Players"... this gets tossed around a lot in the LFG circles. If this was CNN there would be a ticker tape at the bottom saying, "News Flash: You are full of shit."
Certainly there can be skilled/good/smart players looking for groups. But this individual is making a pug from scratch... they have no idea what the abilities are of the other individuals in their raid... which I might add, comprise only half of the total number they need to actually get the raid off the ground.

I pug into these groups on my alt Warrior for kicks... and the vast majority of the time, it's slightly more painful than shoving your hand in the garbage disposal.
What are people trying to accomplish by even mentioning good players?
If I'm any player... good/bad/great/awful, am I going to assess myself before sending this person a tell? Am I good enough to join this Trade Channel pug Naxx?

It's Valentine's Day... and you LOVE Trade chat, just like me.

The TL;DR version is provided in video format under "Read More..."

- Word of warning: excessive swearing ahead.

6 comments

I saw that on SNL and it was fantastic.

Good post Weezzii. Guest blogger spot prx?

That post was by Larocstradamus. Idk how to make it post my name this comment as: shit is killing me.

It's amazing how fast I have learned to Right click > Report spam.... maybe I should macro that....


--Cobeathris

that video was awesome thanks for that weezzii

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/trade-filter.aspx

Helps with the first part of the post, not the second.

When can I collect my royalty check for being named in trade chat? I'll take 10k gold or, see you in court.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment